Sunday, September 30, 2012

Operation Cover-up

My big paint makeover is almost finished - what a mission to cover up all traces of blue! I'll be able to put everything back in the kitchen cupboards today and, when Mark comes back to paint the outside of the kitchen cupboards, I'll be able to put paint/dropcloths/brushes/paint charts away and enjoy my new home. I've gone with the safe option of Resene Double Rice Cake for the joinery but can always slap a colour on later if I feel that it needs it. I'm really pleased with the outside too, it still takes me by surprise as I turn into the drive way and see it blending in with the bush backdrop.





I tried two testpots for the kitchen joinery - the top drawer is in Resene Double Rice Cake and the second drawer down is in Resene Half Tea. Although Half Tea looked good when it first went on, it darkened quite a lot as it dried and wouldn't look right for the dominating expanse (the back of the sink unit) as you walk in the house. The unit is 2380mm long - I could get one of my bush prints printed on to corrugated iron for $250+ per lineal metre!!



Time to get on with the last of the painting - I'm painting the black TV cabinets (2 different types) white - one has the microwave in and the other, which sits beneath, stores my recipe books. Once everything is back in order I can plan my next challenge of designing the space to the right of the stove.

Have a great week...