Monday, October 22, 2012

Time to sit back and enjoy...

Yay - the painting is finished, the Community Vision Workshop on Saturday moved us another step closer and I've survived a super-busy couple of months. It was lovely to have Jen visit again although next time she comes I'll make sure I have time to spend with her! My next priority is to get back to blogging on a regular basis - I've missed keeping you up-to-date on my wee corner of Aotearoa and thanks for your patience.

Sunshine is flooding into my whare at present bringing a warm hint of yellow to the walls. I'm surprised that the Double Rice Cake semi-gloss of the kitchen joinery looks white compared to the (single) Rice Cake low sheen walls. Jen helped me put up some artwork and I'll live with the 'look' for a while before deciding if I want more colour for the kitchen joinery.







It sounds like most of Aotearoa has had a wet and wintry Spring; the Oban weather website is having problems, first the usual URL went to a horse supplies website and now the address is right but the date is stuck on 5 October - not particularly helpful for checking temperature and rainfall. I was very lucky to get the exterior painting finished as I think it's been raining every day since! Nice to see the puddles and the very dry rainforest is soggy once more.

Jen and I went on a great trip to Mason Bay - check out the next blog...