Monday, July 13, 2015

Wood update

It's a stunning morning with one of the heaviest frosts I've seen. The extra sunlight is streaming through the lounge and although I should be outside making the most of the fine weather before I start work at midday, my body is telling me that it wants to take things easy. My fingers have taken a hammering lately and wee splits around the nail keep opening up - will have to take better care of them in the future!

The large pile of chopped wood is hiding under Jack Frost and I need to dig some dirt out under the garage so it can weather under cover. I started yesterday and it was easy going all the time I could reach the dirt whilst standing outside; I've now got to crouch down underneath the garage so can see a few bangs to the head coming up.

My firewood mountain by the end of Sunday
The wee ngirungiru (tomtit) was tempting fate by hovering close by as I chopped the wood. My axing skills aren't under control and wood can go flying at any time. In the end I gave up axing and dug the yams instead. Just as well the shop sells yams as I wouldn't survive for long on the handful that I got. Blame the deer for eating the tops!!

Yam harvest for 2015!