Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Snow time

It's late but I'm still buzzing from peeking out this morning and seeing snow around. I grabbed my camera and here are some pics taken just after 8am.





Mac the dog didn't seem to mind walking on the snow in his bare feet but I was certainly glad I had thick socks under my gumboots. Our walk to work was quite exciting with snow falling as we left home and then navigating the icy road when the tarseal began.

It was a slow start in the shop as most people were waiting for the ice to thaw before heading out in their cars. The 9am flight that brings the newspapers over was cancelled as Invercargill airport runway was too icy and our fresh/frozen/chilled delivery didn't make the ferry sailing after the truck was delayed by the weather.

It was a lovely day though with sunshine interspersed with sleety showers so we had some lovely rainbows stretching over Halfmoon Bay. It's lovely and cosy in my wee whare now with the fire going but I take my hat off to those people that work outside in these conditions - thanks very much.