Sunday, July 10, 2011

Winter weather

We had calm and relatively mild weather for the first week of July but that's now been replaced by a complex weather system that looks like it will be around for a while yet.
Sunrise 5 July 2011
Sunrise silhouette

It's snug and warm inside today but the other side of the ranchslider tells a different story with a stiff westerly breeze and hail showers alternating with the sunshine. I ventured outside long enough to grab some more firewood and to capture the some pics of the next storm cloud...


Hail on ground after the cloud passed

I'm still without a shower but I do have lights plus a flushing toilet, albeit at the expense of now losing the washing machine that has been moved, but not connected. The glitch with the shower was that the wrong set of rails were in the shower kit so the correct ones had to be shipped from Auckland. Jarrod was hoping that they'd be here by last Friday but I guess they didn't arrive. I'm not sure what the hold up with the laundry tub and washing machine is but maybe the plumber has to wait for the builder. I'm still optimistic that I'll have a shower before the middle of July!

New wetroom - almost there!

Kohler Flipside shower rose