Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mother Nature's beauty

A winter wonderland was outside my window this morning - I just had to grab my camera to take a few quick shots before the next shower arrived...
14 July 2011 at 8am
Not quite so easy to see but the whole drive was white
Taken 20 minutes later
I left home at 9am to walk to the Community Nursery via Back Road- although it looked like snow, it was definitely small hailstones that crunched under my feet. Here's two shots - one looking back where I'd walked from and then in the opposite direction.


I walked down through the quarry to Horseshoe Bay and found the hail masquering as sand on the beach - the lighter stuff is all hail!



The rising sun was peeping in and out of the clouds as I walked along the beach to the nursery - hard to know where to point the camera as it's impossible to capture the magic of this special island. Weather like this is so exhilarating - a lot more interesting than cloudless summer skies!!