Monday, July 4, 2011

One step closer...

The vinyl and carpet were installed today and they look great. The house is now looking less like a building site and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Jarrod the builder will come either tomorrow or Wednesday to put the rest of the shower in place and hopefully the plumber and electrician won't be too far behind to give me a fully functional bathroom once more. Here's some pics...

Speckle vinyl for bathroom - not quite sure how
to describe the colours!!

Old carpet behind, new carpet on top - the new one is
darker but has similar tonings
New vinyl and carpet installed 4 July 2011
Resene White on ceiling, Resene Rice Cake on walls
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience on the barberry team - well, with the exception of a couple of tough days where the supplejack, bush lawyer and swamp were reluctant to let me pass. I'm now a lot more proficient with a GPS and compass and have respect for the other Weed Teams around the country. Darwin's Barberry seems to grow in a wide range of habitats on the island and it will take many years of monitoring if we are to eradicate it. The bush changed enormously - from beautiful mossy areas that were a joy to walk through, to smelly swamps, dense tangles of supplejack and rotting windfalls. I wish I had my camera with me on occasions to capture fragile toadstools, dewy cobwebs shining like diamonds and magnificent old trees that would take the outstretched hands of 3 people to encircle.

I've been filling up my woodshed with another four trailer-loads of firewood. The fire works well and heats the house quickly - it's been working overtime when I've been painting as several mornings it's been less than 10 degrees, the minimum temperature for the Spacecote paint. I'm pleased with my efforts although I can only get better eh!!!