Tuesday, March 24, 2015

And now for the retaining wall...

Yesterday's sunshine meant I could cut the grass on the slope where I intend to put the tyre retaining wall. I don't see in 3D so it's hard for me to visualise a structure but at least clearing all the vegetation shows me what the slope is like - I now realise that the ground slopes quite considerably from the woodshed end to the incinerator!

Woodpile in February
No woodpile after the weekend's work

A well-stocked 12 cubic metre woodshed


Looking good in the afternoon sun

The tyre retaining wall is planned from the foreground down toward
the incinerator

Now to start on the retaining wall
 I have 96 tyres all of different sizes and widths; they are sorted by rim size but maybe I should be sorting them by width. I've checked out YouTube for hints but most vids are for vertical walls, rather than a gentle slope. The plan is to end up with a smooth, level grassy patch out from the deck and woodshed that I can mow. Any hints and tips would be most appreciated!