Thursday, October 24, 2013

And now for something completely different!

I realised how much time I spend on the internet when my mobile broadband connection disappeared on Monday afternoon. With lots of spare time available I caught up with letter-writing, cleaned the house and talked to my plants and on Tuesday night I decided to have a play with Paint Shop Pro filters. Here's a different take on some of my photos...

New leaves on pate, fivefinger

Pingao

Close up of above photo

Rata flowers

Sun orchid

Sunset from my driveway

Rainbow over Paterson Inlet

The above photo with a chrome filter
So much fun but I should have written down the filters I used as I created them. The internet signal was back up on Wednesday after a reboot at the Telecom end and I received great service from the Telecom help desk. Being internet-free has made me realise how much I rely on it for banking, ordering, checking weather, blogging and skyping. Perhaps it's not a silly idea to button back a bit though as I'm sure I'd get heaps more done around the house and section!