Thursday, April 5, 2012

They don't come better than this!

I've already used 'perfect' and 'Paradise' and I'm not sure if there are enough superlatives to describe today. What an absolute stunner! No wonder Stewart Islanders smile so much.

I woke early and decided to skype to a landline in England. The signal wasn't particularly good so I moved my computer out on to the deck and watched the sun start to rise above the trees as I chatted with my Auntie. The next minute swirling fog moved in, the temperature dropped and I grabbed my camera. As I was busy snapping I heard a plane and realised that the fog, though dense where I was looking, had almost gone from the other side of the house. Five minutes later the fog disappeared, leaving blue skies in its place and setting the scene for a magnificent day with a minimum temperature of 6.3°C at 6.57am to a maximum of 20.6°C at 10.27am. I'll let the photos do the talking...

View from my deck as the fog rolled in

The fog at its most dense

I'm pretty sure this is a fogbow, also known as a white rainbow

Sunlight shining through the fog as it was lifting

Blue, blue skies
The day just got better - I grabbed these shots of Halfmoon Bay as I walked through to my rat line at Deep Bay.