Thursday, August 25, 2011

A shower worth waiting for

My bathroom alterations were completed just before I went north so I was unable to try out the shower before I left. I did have time to take some photos though...

Finished wet room - shower and toilet on the left,
washing machine and laundry tub on the right
I've spent 5 weeks away and wondered many times what my new shower might be like. The new Flipside showerhead looked impressive but would it perform as well as advertised? Would the water pressure be invigorating or a tad feeble?

Last Sunday was S-Day - the christening of my new shower. Certainly no problems with water pressure and, despite trying, I couldn't make up my mind which of the four shower sprays was my favourite! The Kohler Flipside is a low-flow head that 'flips' into four different positions, each with a different spray - see the pic below from the Kohler website:




Each spray is wonderful - I can see that I'll have a lot of fun experimenting and am very pleased with its performance. The shower enclosure is an Englefield Sapphire Round 900x900 shower - just perfect!

The Robinhood laundry tub and washing machine both work well and complete my new 'wet room'. What's that saying... oh yes, 'Good things take time'!!