Sunday, May 8, 2011

Special Surprises

I have wonderful friends who have blessed me with surprises since I moved - parcels stuffed with goodies, newspaper cuttings from Taranaki Daily News and even a visit. I feel very spoilt but perhaps I can spread the love somewhat by sharing a couple of my latest surprises with you.

Pressie from New Plymouth

Inside the box were 26 wrapped presents, each with an alphabet letter. I decided to spin it out by opening one present every day. Magic!!

The photo below shows all the gifts with the exception of Present E, a Cadbury Creme Egg, that succumbed to taste testing over Easter!



The full list:
A is for Apple Slices
B is for Balloons (Smiley Face ones)
C is for Candles
D is for Duck
E is for Cadbury Creme Egg (very yummy)
F is for Feathers - a beautiful bunch
G is for Gnome (Grow your own Gnome, grows 600% its size)
H is for Hand Cream
I is for Italian Herbs
J is for Jelly
K is for Kokako article - is the South Island Kokako still alive?
L is for Lemon Juice
M is for Milk Powder
N is for Nutella
O is for Oxo Cubes
P is for Popping Corn
Q is for Quick-Eze
R is for Razor
S is for Soup Mix
T is for Tea (Dilmah Chamomile)
U is for Umbrella
V is for Vegemite
W is for Weetbix
X is for Instant Kiwi Crossword
Y is for Yellow Brick
Z is for Zucchini Seeds

Thanks so much, Jen - Mum and I have had such a great time opening your gift.


Pressie from Hamburg, Germany


I don't know how Sabine managed to fit so much in a packet but it was such fun to unwrap. The packet had a strong smell of strawberry (from the candles), so I wasn't surprised at all that MAF had officially opened it en route. Here's a few close-ups...








The credit card is solid chocolate... but if I eat it then I can't use it. What a dilemma! Many thanks Sabine - what a special surprise!

I really appreciate the creativity and effort that's gone into these special gifts and it's given me ideas for presents to give to others. I'll be on the lookout for interesting wee bits from now on!