Sunday, February 6, 2011

Homemaking - outside

New gas fittings:
Earlier this week, Rex the plumber/gasfitter/drainlayer did a great job on my new gasfittings. The instant hot water heater and gas stove had to be modified to take the 45kg gas tanks and all I need now is a concrete base for the tanks to sit on. Once I've finished the small 9kg bottle, then I'll sit both big tanks together, chain them in and plant the flower bed with some silverbeet. Rex also adjusted the flame on my gas rings and it's so much better. The adjustment screws are inside the front dials - you have to pull the dial off to get to the screw. I wouldn't have found it in a month of Sundays!

Innovations:

I put my thinking cap on and lashed a lancewood pole to my woodshed so that I could put some hooks to hang my wet-weather gear to dry. Looks a bit tacky at the moment so maybe I'll remove the individual hooks and screw them on to the pole instead.
The toilet roll holder came about after I found that Ship to Shore (the local 4 Square) didn't stock toilet roll holders. It does the trick and keeps the roll off the floor - kapai!

Have a wonderful week...