Sunday, February 6, 2011

Homemaking - inside

I'm just about there with unpacking, assembling, organising and tidying my new home - here are some photos taken this morning.

Bedroom:

 I 'pushed' the partition out a bit to increase the space between drawers and bed.

I ordered a box of 'Amazing Hangers' from Magnamail before I left NP and they've worked really well. Sister Linda told me about the wire coat hangers from Gold Coin/Coin Save/$2 shops and they fit through the holes of the amazing hangers perfectly. Instead of the wardrobe being chocka, it's real easy to sort through 'layers' of clothes to find what I'm looking for. For once, the blurb in the catalogue has been correct.
The kitset canvas-covered wardrobe was one from Payless Plastics and it was easy to put together and is very sturdy.

Dining room:
Kitchen:
 The hanging saucepan rail will be moved to above the microwave once I've double-checked with the builder that the curtain rod fixtures will support the weight. In the meantime, the pantries do an excellent job of holding it up!

Lounge:
 Everything has fitted well in the lounge and I'm all set with computer, printers, tv, dvd, vcr, radio and MP3 player! The tv is also a computer monitor - nice to have a dual display but I could dispense with my other monitor if necessary.

Well, there you have it! I feel very much at home and even though it's wet outside, it feels lovely and cosy here in my lounge. The house is well insulated and hopefully will be quick to warm up during the winter.

My last post for the day will be a few pics from the outside...