Monday, January 26, 2015

Around the Bay

I wrote about going to the movie theatre a couple of blogs ago but didn't have any photos to show you. Before I visited the theatre I had the impression that it was a large room with school-type chairs put in place for the film. I couldn't have been more wrong!! I have much pleasure in presenting these pics of our Bunkhouse Theatre for your viewing pleasure :)


The most comfortable theatre seats I've sat in

Great viewing from all seats

Always a welcoming smile from Pete and Penny
The theatre shows the quirky 40 minute movie 'A Local's Tale' several times a day - well worth the $10 admission fee - there's even a popcorn machine to give you that big-city moviegoing experience.

Whilst I had the camera out I took photos of some of the other buildings on the way home...

Rakiura Charters & Water Taxi booking office

The Kiwi-French Crepery
 
Another booking office opposite DOC's Rakiura National Park
Visitor Centre
View down Main Road - Bunkhouse Theatre is the two-storeyed
building mid-picture


The Stewart Island Gift Shop and booking office for Ulva's Guided Walks

Dundee Street from Main Road - the motel is at the top of the rise