Thursday, July 19, 2012

Offline!

Today is my 18 month anniversary of living on this beautiful island; my smile just gets bigger when I think how lucky I am to be living my dream.

I'm having to sit out on my deck to write this blog issue as the internet signal I got inside has disappeared after getting my double-glazing windows installed yesterday. Whilst I'm thrilled to keep the warmth inside, having to keep the door open so that I get an internet connection seems to defeat the purpose! I guess it's obvious that a weak signal would disappear with thicker glass but I hadn't given it any thought when I signed up for retro-fitted double-glazing. I've lost my mobile phone signal too but all should be rectified next week after I receive and install the Cellutronics yagi aerial on the roof. Fingers crossed!

It's getting cool and dusky here so will insert a few pics from today and venture back into the house.

Sunrise 19 July 2012

Deep Bay

Paterson Inlet looking east

Paterson Inlet looking west
Grandad Rimu towering over the ngahere

New supplejack shoot

Mussels, chiton and barnacles